So Filex is over again for another year. Personally I just love it. It is a great opportunity to learn but also a great time to meet some of the best people in our industry.
The three days are jam packed with informative sessions and here is a snapshot of my ‘Ah Ha’ moments.
1. Flavoured olive oils make vegetables come to life.
2. If you eat less processed foods, and foods with shorter shelf lives, it isn’t a problem to be adding salt to your cooking.
3. First Time Experiences (FTE’s for short) are the key to staying young.
4. In general you should read more books.
5. Business and probably life in general is 5% strategy and planning, and 95% action.
6. If you want to see someone thriving on pressure, take another look at Usain Bolt in the 100 metres final at the 2008 Summer Olympics. That’s mental toughness right there.
7. One unnamed presenter used to burn ants with a magnifying glass when he/she was a child!!
8. Green tea might be even better than we think. If you aren’t drinking green tea already go and find one you like. The supermarket has hundreds of options. A good place to start if you don’t like the traditional ones is either a peppermint or lemon flavoured green tea.
9. You can never ask enough questions.
10. Don’t underestimate the power of the brain.
Did you go? What was your favourite mooment? Leave a comment below and share it with us.
Tagged as: 2008 Olympics, 2008 Summer Olympics, Ants, Bolt, Brain, Cooking, Filex, First Time Experiences, Great Time, Green Tea, Informative Sessions, Love, Magnifying Glass, Mental Toughness, Olive Oils, Olympics, Peppermint, Snapshot, Summer Olympics, Supermarket, Vegetables