Everything is feeling good after a decent training effort last week. Recovered well from squats over the weekend (including a shoot around) and love deadlifting on a Monday. I also think the lower volume with the addition of basketball has balanced itself out. My numbers are still going up in the right direction and I’m not breaking down anywhere. That’s not to say I’m not getting any soreness or stiffness after a workout, still plenty of that, but nothing that a good roll and stretch doesn’t help.
Warm up sets then
6 @ 180kg
8 @ 155kg
10 @ 125kg
Ring Chins RPT
7 @ BW (72kg) + 20kg
9 @ BW + 6kg
10 @ BW
32kg + yellow band x 25 reps
• Trained at 15.5hrs Fasted (10g BCAA, 3g Beta Alanine, 5g creatine)
• Deadlifts were tough in the top set, I was up 5kgs from my last session but I am trying to deadlift without facing the mirror and getting used to this made a difference. The 2nd and 3rd sets were fine though and felt pretty strong. So just need to work on the feel of deadlifting without the mirror and things will continue to improve.
• Chins were funny today. The top set didn’t improve from what I’ve been hitting, but the following sets did improve. That’s one of the benefits with this method of training, there is more than one way to progress. Of course I want to see that top set improving but progress is progress. I’m thinking I’ll add some fixed bar chin ups in Fridays workout to keep the volume up a little on these but might give it another week to check my progress.
• Keeping with the low volume theme for a Monday I added a band to my swings and this made me focus on explosively driving up, but also kept my reps down….a lot! This is a good thing though.
• Didn’t get enough food in post workout because I had clients to meet and then basketball. Will work on this because the training (30%) is going well but there’s room for improvement in the diet (70%) area.
Tagged as: Basketball, Beta Alanine, Bw, Chin Ups, Chins, Creatine, Deadlift, Deadlifts, Food, food, Fridays, Kettlebell, Last Session, Love, Mirror, Right Direction, Squats, Stiffness, Swings, Ups, workout