Squats have been a long time love of mine. Probably because they have been a bit of a strength of mine, especially when compared to my upper body strength. I haven’t been ‘back’ squatting for a while after mixing it up with front squats, goblet squats and double kettlebell front squats. Squats are tough, but they are rewarding on a whole heap of levels. Check out this great squatting guide.
Back Squats RPT
125kg x 6
105kg x 8
87.5kg x 10
Barbell Overhead Press RPT
45kg x 8
37.5kg x 10
30kg x 12
36kg x 60
- Trained at 15hrs Fasted (10g BCAA, 3g Beta Alanine, 5g creatine).
- Top set of squats felt tougher than they should. I don’t think I took the weight seriously enough and as a result it was in charge. Got my 6 reps and decided to leave them for another day.
- 2nd set of squats wasn’t much better, but the last set felt pretty good. As long as there’s progress that’s the main thing.
- Happy with the overhead presses. Pretty much I’m happy anytime I can press overhead, pain free. Progressed as planned too which is good.
- Was running a little short of time and my head wasn’t completely into the swings so I stopped at 60. I reckon I would max out around the 75 mark. Will have a go at them next week.