I love Fridays for a number of reasons. Not the usual TGI Friday stuff, because I actually love what I do for a living. One of the highlights on Friday is training, and at the moment squatting. My knee has been fairly ordinary since Monday, but thanks to some generous amounts of Tiger Balm everything is on the improve. One of my clients grabbed a video of me squatting, so I’ll see if I can grab it and throw up a few screen shots at least.
Back Squats RPT
125kg x 8
105kg x 10
90kg x 12
Barbell Overhead Press RPT
47.5kg x 8
40kg x 9
32.5kg x 10
36kg x 50 ?
- Trained at 14.5hrs Fasted (10g BCAA, 3g Beta Alanine, 5g creatine).
- Loved my squats today, they are getting better and stronger each week. I used the belt again on the top set again just to keep everything happy. I might not use it next week if everything is feeling good.
- Went back to squatting in my Vibrams today which did feel good. I am still going to seek out a good pair of lifting shoes but an just happy that squatting feels good in general.
- Bumped the weight up on the last set too which worked out perfectly.
- My elbow was cranky last weekend (after doing some fixed bar chins and dead hangs last week) but I wasn’t 100% sure this was the cause. Got a little pain warming up for the presses so I wrapped my elbows Macgyver style with some wrist wraps. This did the trick!
- So no elbow pain, no shoulder pain and no wrist pain this week, and an extra rep on the presses, that’s a victory.
- Not sure what happened with swings this week. Somehow I lost count around the 30 mark (similar to losing count on chins Wednesday!) and just worked up to around 50. Hammies were definitely working so I thought I’d leave the max effort for another day.
- Postworkout Rach and I went to a local seafood restaurant which had great food but not the quantities I needed after squatting!
Tagged as: 5g, 5kg, Barbell Overhead Press, Bcaa, Beta Alanine, Chins, Creatine, Elbow Pain, Generous Amounts, Hammies, Kettlebell, Macgyver, Rach, Screen Shots, Seafood Restaurant, Shoulder Pain, Squats, Tgi Friday, Tiger Balm, Wrist Pain