Workout A/C – Squats and Chin Ups
Soreness in my legs lasted until Thursday, only mild by then but I still knew I’d squatted in Monday. With basketball starting on Monday, I thought it would be good to get some more squats in my legs before next week. Just so I’m not so sore when I need to play. Having said that I am going to change the routine to doing Deads Monday, Dips Wednesday and Squats Friday.
Warm up sets then
8 @ 110kg
10 @ 90kg
12 @ 75kg
Ring Chins RPT
8 @ BW (72kg) + 20kg
9 @ BW + 6kg
10 @ BW
Barbell Complex – Deadlift, Rows, Hang Cleans, Overhead Press
35kg, 4 rounds, 10 reps each exercise, 60 seconds rest.
- Trained at 14.5hrs Fasted (10g BCAA, 3g Beta Alanine, 5g creatine)
- Squats felt better than Monday, even with the heavier weight. It’s only light compared to what I’ve squatted in the past so I’m looking forward to getting these numbers up.
- Chins were a different experience. I’ve been doing a lot more volume with these and was surprised how hard they got with lower volume. #minimalist #efficiency
- Complex was good. No real grip issues, just couldn’t hold on the whole way….
- Had such a busy day I didn’t have time for my usual post workout meal, so I had more when I got home. Sweet and sour chicken with rice, followed by some Strawberry sorbet.
Tagged as: Barbell, Basketball, Beta Alanine, Body Workout, Busy Day, Bw, Chin Ups, Chins, Creatine, Dips, Efficiency, exercise, Legs, Overhead Press, Post Workout Meal, Squats, Strawberry Sorbet, Sweet And Sour Chicken, Ups