I don’t know what my favourite workout day is anymore, I just love them all! Getting better at dips has given me much love for Wednesdays workout even though there’s no lower body work (which is my normal favourite). I decided to add some bench pressing back into the mix because it’s been a long time since I’ve actually done them. Ever since I have been able to do dips without shoulder pain, they have been my #1 upper body pressing exercise.
Ring Dips RPT
5 @ BW + 44kg (116)
9 @ BW + 26kg (96)
12 @ BW + 14kg (82)
Ring Chins @90
14 @ BW
11 @ BW
8 @ BW
Bench Press @90
8 @ 60
8 @ 60
8 @ 60
Barbell Complex – Deadlift, Rows, Hang Cleans, Overhead Press
55kg, 2 rounds, 6 reps each exercise, 90 seconds rest.
- Trained at 14.5hrs Fasted (10g BCAA, 3g Beta Alanine, 5g creatine).
- I decided to do something different on the dips today. Instead of having 20kgs in the weight vest and 24kgs on the belt, I went for 40kgs in vests and 4kgs on the belt. WOW! This, let me tell you, changes the balance of things a lot! Just a little top heavy! Balance was crap and even though I felt good for six I was too busy trying not to fall from the rings! Next week I might even try to get all the weight around the belt and see if that’s better than my original combination.
- 2nd and 3rd sets of dips were great, really wanted to get the extra reps after the balance fail in the top set.
- Chins were good, really wanted 15 on the first set, but my arms didn’t! I got more reps for the 3 total sets though.
- Bench presses felt pretty good, just getting the groove back on these and then I’ll see how my shoulders and elbow pull up. UPDATE: Right elbow was fine, left shoulder wasn’t happy 18hrs post, 28hrs post everything seems fine.
- Hurt my left wrist coming down from one of the presses in the 2nd round of the complex, so stopped things there.
- Postworkout was good, plenty of food, no stomach issues. Working on my 2012 goals, this will mean even more post workout mastery!
Tagged as: Barbell, Bench Press, Bench Presses, Bench Pressing, Beta Alanine, Bw, Chins, Creatine, Dips, Groove, Left Shoulder, Overhead Press, Right Elbow, Rpt, Shoulder Pain, Shoulders, Vests, Wednesdays, Weight Vest, workout