Been a long week, I think it might just be that time of year, lots of things happening which do drain your energy. Squats have been going well and this scares me because it means I have to do even more/better each session! It would be easy (and comfortable) to keep the weights the same and not progress, but that wouldn’t be rewarding one little bit.
Back Squats RPT
130kg x 6
110kg x 8 @ 9
90kg x 10 @ 8
Barbell Bench Press RPT
80kg x 4
67.5kg x 6
55kg x 12
- Trained at 15hrs Fasted (10g BCAA, 3g Beta Alanine, 5g creatine).
- Squats were a struggle today. The warm up sets felt heavy which isn’t a good sign! I got my minimum reps and called it a day on the top set.
- My range felt good on the second set (always aim for below parallel) so I dropped the spotting arms down a notch for the last set. These were as close to A2G as I reckon I’ve ever been, especially with 90kg on my back.
- I’m looking to add bench press into the workout next week instead of dips, so I am adding some extra benches in this week to help get up to speed. I overestimated how much I could lift for 6-8 reps, but will hopefully be able to do them next week.
- Back to presses next week assuming everything is alright after next Wednesdays benches.
- No swings today, decided to just give them a miss and go to the cricket
- Off to the cricket with a bag of bananas, chocolate milk and a Subway sub. It’s been a long time since I’ve had one of those, very nice though, they need to have and ‘All you can eat’ option though!