Here’s a quick question for you. Well actually it’s more than just one question.
I’ll assume the answer to question one is a yes.
1. Do you want to lose some fat?
2. Do you take fish oil daily?
If you didn’t answer yes to the second question then you really are making your efforts harder than they should be.
Fish oil has such a vast range of health benefits that I would suggest that it is the best ‘bang for your buck’ supplement on the planet.
Research has shown that there is a massive (almost 50%) decrease in the chance of a fatal heart attack amongst heart attack sufferers. Acting as a natural anti-inflammatory, including fish oil into your daily regime can also make joint pain almost vanish overnight. But apart from all this healthy and feel good stuff it can also help you look super sexy!
The International Journal of Obesity reports that one study showed that the inclusion of fatty fish or fish oil capsule resulted in a weight loss of 4.5-5kg over 8 weeks. Not super amazing by itself, but this is without the addition of any exercise. Simply by adding fatty fish or fish oil to the diet made this happen.
More recently, a study out of South Australia showed that exercise (even really poor fat loss methods such as 45 minutes of walking at 75% age-predicted maximum heart rate) and fish oil supplementation resulted in a greater fat loss than fish oil supplementation alone or exercise alone.
It really is a case of 1+1=3.
And think about the possibilities if you were doing some real fat burning exercise!
So how do I actually make use of this information? Simple, follow these steps.
- Go and buy some fish oil tablets if you haven;t already got some. Most will have 180mg of EPA and 120mg of DHA.
- For maximum fat loss you want to take 2-3 grams of EPA/DHA per day. Don’t get confused with 2-3 grams of fish oil which would be 2-3 1000mg fish oil tablets. Each tablet will contain 300mg of ‘active ingredients’ so you are looking at 7-10 per day. It sounds like a lot of tablets, but the results are worth the effort.
- Always take the tablet with food. Otherwise you run the risk of them being oxidised for energy. Bad.
- If you find that you are burping fish all day, put the tablets in the freezer. This should put a stop the fish burps pretty quickly!
Sometimes the best soultions are also the easiest. Just think, by simply adding some fish oil to your diet you will be able to supercharge your body’s fat burning potential. And as an added bonus you still get all of the other health benefits! Not bad for about $15 a month!
PS. Check out with your doctor first if you have any condition, or allergy that might be an issue. Common sense please!
Tagged as: 5kg, Active Ingredients, Best Bang, Buy Fish, Epa Dha, Fat Burning Exercise, Fatal Heart, Fatty Fish, Fish Oil Tablets, Good Stuff, Health Benefits, Heart Attack, Heart Attack Sufferers, International Journal Of Obesity, Joint Pain, Maximum Fat Loss, Maximum Heart Rate, Planet Research, Possibilites, Possibilities, South Australia