You might be in between routines or just looking for a change of pace.
It might be that you are on holiday or training at a mate’s house.
That’s where the ‘When In Doubt Workout’ comes into play.
Follow this simple formula for a great, balanced workout that never has to ge boring.
Take one each of the following and do either 5 x 5, 3 x 8 or 2 x 20.
- Deadlift or squat variation (do the other movement lightly in the warmup)’
- Bench or shoulder press variation
- Seated row or chin up variation
- Kettlebell or dumbbell swings
- Floor based abdominal exercise (Go for higher reps if needed)
Don’t worry too much about the details. Sometimes the back to basic approach will work best.
If you were to do this two to three times a week and make gradual improvements in the weights that you were lifting, you would be doing better than most people.
If you want to throw some metabolic, fat burning intervals on the end, make sure you check out this post.
Tagged as: Abdominal Exercise, Balanced Workout, Bench, Change Of Pace, Deadlift, Dumbbell, Improvements, Intervals, Kettlebell, Mate, Shoulder Press, Swings, Three Times, Variation, Warmup, Weights, When In Doubt